April 22, 2011

I used big compotes full of plums, blueberries, grapes and blackberries recently for a centerpiece. All of the fruits together, in the same color scheme looked beautiful. But it left me with an abundance of fruit. If I didn't use it soon, it would go to waste. So off to bake, with my newest favorite baker by my side. Ezra mixed up all the ingredients proudly. You HAVE to make this bread. It is incredible. I found it on the Pioneer Woman's site. And tweaked it just a bit.




Lemon Berry Bread

Mix Dry Ingredients:
1 3/4 C Flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 C Sugar

Mix Wet Ingredients:
1 1/2 C Berries (I used blueberries + blackberries)
3/4 C Milk (I used rice milk)
1/4 C Oil (I used olive)
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 Lemon, juice + zest

Mix wet + dry ingredients together lightly.
Beat 2 egg whites to soft peaks and mix in.

Pour into muffin tin or loaf pan.
Top with Raw Sugar, which gives a lovely sweet crunch to the tartness of the bread. Mmmm.
Bake at 350 until done.

ENJOY.

Now off to figure out what to do with those plums...

No comments: